I can count the number of these open threads I have yet to make this summer on one hand! Wheeeee! The last Euro 2016 quarterfinal is today and if you’re a neutral this one is a doozy. France are the hosts, one of the favorites in the competition, and feature Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. Iceland are new to the Euro championships, overachieving, have a total population the size of Corpus Christi, Texas, and are just happy to be here.
They’re also playing everybody off the pitch right now. If you think Iceland don’t have a chance, well, they supposedly didn’t have a chance against England, either. Or to get out of their group. I know I’m supposed to root for France because of Hugo, but I can’t help wanting a Wales-Iceland European Championship final. Make it happen, Norse gods!
Your open thread is below.
How to Watch
France vs. Iceland -- Saint-Denis (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET)
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), ITV 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIn Sports (Australia), other countries at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3/WatchESPN (USA), ITV Hub (UK)
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live, TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.