Either Portugal or Wales are going to be playing for a European Championship trophy. Think on that for a second. In the group stages, both seemed like long-shots to advance: Portugal somehow escaped their group with three draws, and while Wales won their group with six points, nobody really expected them to make it this far.
Yet here we are. One of them will win today and will move on to the final on Sunday at the Stade de France. Their reward? Either France or Germany. No big thing.
There aren’t any Spurs players to support in this match unless you still claim Gareth Bale – Ben Davies is suspended for the semifinal due to yellow card accumulation. It does, however, pit Real Madrid superstar teammates Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo against each other, and that’s going to be fun.
Your open thread is below.
How to Watch
Portugal vs. Wales -- Lyon (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET)
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), ITV 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIn Sports (Australia), other countries at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3/WatchESPN (USA), ITV Hub (UK)
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live, TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.