By the end of the day today we’ll know who will play Portugal in the Euro 2016 finals, and it’s between the hosts and the World Cup Champions. Germany have looked great thus far in the tournament, but so have France. These two clubs have... uh, a little history, and the match up has the feel of a European final, not a semifinal.
With France playing at such a high level right now and with the home field advantage, they might just have the edge in this game. France is 13-1-1 in their last 15, but Germany won the World Cup and has basically reloaded in the two years since. There are also two outstanding keepers in this match, with Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris and Bayern’s Manuel Neuer.
This one should be fun, assuming both of them don’t decide to park the bus.
Your open thread is below.
How to Watch
Germany vs. France -- Marseille (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET)
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIn Sports (Australia), other countries at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3/WatchESPN (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live, TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.