Tottenham Hotspur play their final pre-season friendly warm-up match today against Inter Milan, with the match held in Oslo, Norway of all places. Why Norway? Who knows! It’s the first time since I’ve been a fan that there hasn’t been a preseason match at White Hart Lane, but that decision was surely made due to the ongoing construction of the new stadium.
Tottenham brought a good number of their European Championship stars along for this match, so expect to see players like Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Toby Alderweireld, Hugo Lloris, Kyle Walker, and Danny Rose.
The good news for fans in the UK is that the match will be televised live on ITV4 and streamed on the ITV Hub. It’ll be a heck of a lot harder to watch the match if you’re a fan in the USA, though -- although it appears the game will be televised on the CBS Sports Network (that’s NOT the CBS mothership channel, btw) there don’t seem to be any good or nationwide streaming options, nor can we confirm that the match will have a radio feed broadcast from Tottenham’s website as per usual. In fact, it doesn’t appear to be on the radio at all.
As always, we cannot and will not encourage you to find alternate viewing solutions, nor will we permit the posting of such solutions in the comments.
In other words, we’re going to have to play it by ear, folks.
Subs: Lloris, McGee, Trippier, Davies, Walkes, Wimmer, Carroll, Winks, Amos, Edwards, Harrison, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) August 5, 2016
⚽️ Our #SpursInter starting 11: Handanovic; Ansaldi, Miranda, Murillo, D'Ambrosio; Brozovic, Kondogbia; Biabiany, Banega, Perisic; Icardi— F.C. Internazionale (@Inter_en) August 5, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Friday, August 5, 2016, 4:55 p.m. (Norway), 3:55 p.m. (UK), 10:55 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Ullevaal Stadium, Oslo, Norway
TV: CBS Sports Network (USA), ITV 4 (UK), not televised (Canada, Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ITV Hub (UK). Possibly on CBS Sports app (USA), depending on cable provider
Radio: Audio MIGHT streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com (but it might not!)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!