It’s a big test for Tottenham Hotspur today as they travel to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United. Spurs are coming off of a period where they drew Real Madrid and beat Liverpool, but lost to West Ham in the League Cup with a rotated side. Now they’ll be tasked with another difficult challenge: a road result against the Red Devils without Harry Kane.
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, October 28, 2017, 12:30 p.m. (BST), 7:30 a.m. (ET)
Old Trafford, Manchester, UK
Match official: Jon Moss
United Kingdom: Sky Sports Main Event
Canada: TSN 1 & 4
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Kane they do it without him?
Manchester United haven’t seen that scary since Sir Alex Ferguson left, but after the Moyes and Louis Van Gaal eras, Jose Mourinho has come in and mostly righted the ship. United were one of the preseason favorites to win the Premier League, and with one blip last weekend against Huddersfield they’ve been mostly been up to the task. They’ve also done it without the injured Paul Pogba, and will be without Marouane Fellaini, Michael Carrick, and Marcos Rojo. Ander Herrera and Eric Bailly could be in line for a return, though.
After a weird early season with numerous injuries, Spurs were on track to be fully healthy again, until Harry Kane tweaked his hamstring against Liverpool. He’ll miss this match and could be a doubt for Real Madrid next Wednesday, too. That means one of Son Heung-Min or Fernando Llorente could deputize for him, although Mauricio Pochettino has shown a willingness to throw a tactical surprise or two in. Will that work against what could be a very large Manchester United bus in front of goal? We’ll find out.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!