MOAR ENGERLAND! Gareth Southgate’s England squad have traveled to Lithuania for their final World Cup qualifying match. The good news is that they don’t NEED this match, as they qualified for Russia 2018 thanks to a 94th minute winner over Slovenia from Kyle Walker to Harry Kane.
Kane will almost certainly not be risked in what is a dead-rubber international match today. Hopefully neither will Eric Dier, who also played against Slovenia. However, Kieran Trippier will likely start tonight in Vilnius. Dele Alli will also probably play after missing the last match due to a FIFA suspension. And maybe... just maybe... Harry Winks will get his first ever senior England cap, either as a starter or in relief. It’s worth watching just for that, isn’t it?
Will be posted when released by the teams.
Match Date, Time and Location
Thursday, October 5, 2017, 7:45 p.m. (BST), 2:45 p.m. (ET)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Felix Zwayer (GER)
United Kingdom: ITV 1
USA: Fox Sports 1 / Fox Deportes
Canada: Sportsnet World/West/East/Pacific
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and