Tottenham Hotspur had a mixed bag of a week, losing to Arsenal at the Emirates in league play before defeating Dortmund in Germany to clinch the Champions League group of death. Now Spurs return to the friendly (?) confines of Wembley Stadium where they host West Bromwich Albion mere days after they sacked their manager, Tony Pulis. Spurs are in fourth place, eleven behind Manchester City and one above Liverpool, but are entering the holiday period, a time when Spurs historically do well, and one full of winnable games. Starting with this one.
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, November 25, 2017, 3 p.m. (BST), 10 a.m. (ET)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Mike Jones (WHO?)
United Kingdom: not televised
Canada: TSN 5
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
No Pulis, No Party.
Look, most of us hated Tony Pulis, but the man did keep teams up. Sure, the football was dour, defensive, and terrible to watch. It was also effective. Until it wasn’t. So now Pulis is gone, Gary Megson is in (temporarily), and Spurs have a great chance to get back on a winning streak in the Premier League after a nasty loss at the Emirates.
What should we expect from the Baggies? No idea. Maybe something similar to Pulis-ball but without the overwhelming stench of depression and failure? Megson might set them up to be more progressive, but then again he might not. Wheeee! Nacer Chadli is inujured, but England International Jake Livermore™ is still around, and doesn’t that still sound weird?
For Spurs, there are rumors that Erik Lamela might make the bench for Spurs in this match for the first time in over a year. That would be lovely. Otherwise, expect a similar squad to the one that went out at the Emirates. Thankfully, West Brom are not Arsenal.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!