Tottenham Hotspur had a heck of a week, blowing away Real Madrid on Wednesday night in a Wembley Stadium “glory, glory night” and taking control of the Champions League Group of Death. Their reward? They get to host bottom-of-the-table Crystal Palace. Win, and they stay in third place and possibly put pressure on the Manchester clubs. What could possibly go wrong?
Match Date, Time and Location
Sunday, November 5, 2017, 12:00 p.m. (BST), 7:00 a.m. (ET)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Kevin Friend
United Kingdom: BT Sport 1
Canada: TSN 4
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
No Toby, No Hugo, No Problem?
Toby Alderweireld and Hugo Lloris both picked up injuries against Madrid and won’t feature against Palace. But, y’know, it’s still Palace.
Also, he may not be on the bench today like we were hoping, but Erik Lamela certainly did give us one of the defining gifs of the modern Spurs era the last time he played Palace. I sincerely hope this is what we do to them again. (Really, I just wanted an excuse to post this .gif again.)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!