Four points from five matches: That’s not great, Bob. Tottenham Hotspur are looking down the barrel of a bad run here as they head to Vicarage Road to take on Watford in the Premier League. Watford are one of the early surprises in the Premier League, and manager Marco Silva have led them to eighth place, just behind slumping Spurs. Tottenham have been battling fatigue and a string of bad luck in their past few performances, but need to shrug that off and pick up a big road win in order to keep pace with the rest of the pack challenging for top four.
| #watfordfc XI v @SpursOfficial: Gomes (GK); Mariappa, Prödl, Kabasele; Femenía, Cleverley, Doucouré, Zeegelaar; Pereyra, Richarlison; Deeney (C).— Watford FC (@WatfordFC) December 2, 2017
Subs: Karnezis (GK), Wagué, Janmaat, Watson, Capoue, Carrillo, Gray. pic.twitter.com/LKPWoZ3W2S
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, December 2, 2017, 3 p.m. (BST), 10 a.m. (ET)
Vicarage Road, Watford, UK
Match official: Martin Atkinson
United Kingdom: not televised
Canada: TSN 4
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Kieran Trippier, this is your moment.
We’ve been kinda mean to Kieran Trippier on this website at times, but one thing we’ve always acknowledged is that the man is incredible whenever he plays Watford. Well, Spurs are playing Watford, and if the fullback rotation holds, it’s Trippier’s time to shine.
In all seriousness, this is a big, big game for Tottenham. Not only are Watford a good team, but Spurs are struggling a bit having taken four points in their past five games. That said, Spurs are on a seven match winning streak against the HornetMoose, and you have to go back to a 1994 League Cup loss to find the last time Spurs were defeated by Watford.
Spurs have a lot of games coming up as the Christmas and New Year’s holiday fixtures come tumbling in. Thankfully, Spurs’ exhausted players can take a breather next week against APOEL, but today expect a strong side and a final push for a desperately needed three points away from home.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!