The FA Cup magic has already claimed two Premier League scalps in the Fifth Round - non-league Lincoln City scored a late winner at Burnley on Saturday, and Millwall knocked off Leicester City. Will Tottenham Hotspur be next?
Well, let’s hope not, but we have no idea how Mauricio Pochettino will set up his team today. Some rotation is to be expected, especially after Spurs put out a nearly full strength side in the 1-0 Europa League loss to Gent. We expect some rotation against the Cottagers, but damned if I know exactly what that will look like.
That said, I think we can safely assume that Kieran Trippier will come in for Kyle Walker, and we might see Jan Vertonghen in his first appearance since he was injured in the win against West Brom in January. Other than that?
Again, this provides a very good opportunity for Spurs to pick up a win in a FA Cup field that has become that much weaker with the departure of Burnley and Leicester. Thus far, however, Spurs have seemed incapable of capitalizing on these opportunities. Let’s see if Craven Cottage can be the crucible for Spurs’ return to ascendancy.
Oh, and there’s Scott Parker and his gorgeous hair. Let’s hope he makes an appearance. Let’s also hope he doesn’t score.
Subs: Lopez, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Dembele, Onomah, Sissoko, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 19, 2017
Fulham substitutes: Button, Madl, Sessegnon, Parker, Piazon, Martin, Cyriac #COYW— Fulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) February 19, 2017
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 2 pm (UK), 9 am ET
Venue: Craven Cottage, London, UK
Official: Robert Madley
TV: Fox Sports 1 (United States), BBC One (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), ESPN (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go, fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!