Warning: Tottenham Hotspur may be a bit winded. Spurs had three matches in two weeks and played nearly first choice sides in all three games, two against Gent and one against Fulham in the FA Cup.
Now, Spurs are entering the home match against Stoke City probably a bit winded. That’s a bit of a concern, since Spurs have proven on numerous occasions that they aren’t exactly at their best when they aren’t at full strength.
On the other hand, Spurs have had pretty good success against Mark Hughes’ Stoke City the past couple of matches. The last two times these teams have met, both at the Stadium of Light, Spurs came away with big 4-0 wins. And while Spurs may be a bit winded, they’re still a quality side.
With Jan Vertonghen back, Spurs are likely to start in the 3-5-2 formation that they played against Gent, though maybe with a few minor tweaks. Dele Alli will start too, since his red card happened in a UEFA competition and doesn’t apply to Premier League games. That said, Son Heung-Min might also be a candidate to play today, and Pochettino will want to be extra careful with Ben Davies to ensure that his legs don’t fall off.
On the other hand, Stoke have Charlie Adam, and he likes to break Tottenham players. So let’s be careful about that.
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Winks, Sissoko, Son, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 26, 2017
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 1:30 p.m. (UK), 8:30 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Jonathan Moss
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports 1/HD (UK), TSN1, TSN5 (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), fubo.tv (7 Day Free Trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!