Sometimes, it’s not always about sexy through balls or nutmegs. Well, unless you’re talking about ACTUAL nutmeg, like the spice. Tottenham Hotspur just released a fun new video on their YouTube channel that shows you how to make pancakes. But not just pancakes: the favorite pancakes of Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld, Victor Wanyama, and Harry Winks.
So I have some takes.
- Pancakes are good.
- Christian Eriksen uses soy yogurt. Harry Winks uses coconut yogurt. Why are two of our best midfielders lactose intolerant, and should we be looking for that trait in the future?
- Toby’s pancakes look good, but come on, those aren’t pancake pancakes, those are totally crêpes. Which are delicious! But you can’t wrap REAL pancakes up in a pretty package like that.
- Victor Wanyama’s pancake recipe isn’t as much a recipe for pancakes as it is a recipe for a mandarin syrup. I suppose it assumes that you have a pancake lying around? Or maybe he stole Eriksen’s pancakes, I dunno. Someone needs to investigate this.
- Wanyama’s pancake recipe has 100% less spaghetti than I expected.
- Winks’ pancakes look delicious, but also totally high maintenance. Winksy, I love you, but I’m not breaking down and sauteeing a whole pineapple every time I want some brekkie.
- Desperately disappointed that nobody decided to make pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse.
- Did I mention pancakes are good?
This requires a deeper dive. Put your reactions in the comments. What players should’ve been included, and what would their Tottenham pancakes be?