Here we go! Tottenham are hoping to make up for a missed opportunity on Tuesday by hosting Middlesbrough at White Hart Lane. Spurs have yet to lose at home this season, the only team left in the Premier League that has an unblemished record at their home ground. And darned if they’re going to let Alvaro Negredo screw that up!
Middlesbrough probably aren’t a terrible team, but they’re currently doing their best impression of one. They are on a six game streak without a win and have slid to within two points of the relegation zone. Aitor Karanka suddenly looks like he might be looking for another job soon.
Spurs, by contrast, have another golden opportunity on their hands. With Chelsea and Arsenal also squaring off today, with a win they are poised to either gain ground on Chelsea or put a gap between themselves and Arsenal. (Both would be great! Come on you Chelsea-Arsenal draw!)
But they’ll need to do it without Danny Rose and Jan Vertonghen, both of whom are recovering from injury. Both absences put a dent in Spurs’ top-rated defense, and Rose is just as important to Spurs’ offensive efficacy as he is to their defense. With Ben Davies slotting in on the left, Poch might opt to return to the 4-2-3-1 that used (somewhat ineffectively) against Sunderland earlier in the week.
A win would be huge today. COYS!
Subs: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Onomah, Sissoko, Winks, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 4, 2017
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, February 4, 5:30 p.m. (UK), 12:30 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mark Clattenburg
TV: NBC (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!