Tottenham Hotspur are back in action in the Premier League against Southampton today at White Hart Lane. This is an excellent opportunity to put a little more distance between itself and a couple of contenders for top four this season; Arsenal helped Spurs out a bunch on Saturday by losing to West Brom, and Manchester City and Liverpool play each other today.
But it’s best not to overlook Southampton. Spurs blitzed the Saints at St. Mary’s 4-1 in December, but that was with a healthy Harry Kane and a white-hot Dele Alli. Spurs are now without Kane, the leading scorer in the Premier League, for at least a month, and that kind of goal production is difficult to replace.
Saints, for what it’s worth, have won their last two matches and are relying on striker Manolo Gabbiadini, who has scored four times in his first three games since joining the club in January.
The big question for Spurs is who will start up top: Son Heung-Min is the likely candidate, but he’s untested in Mauricio Pochettino’s new 3-4-3 formation, while Vincent Janssen finally scored from open play in Spurs’ 6-0 FA Cup win over Millwall last week and could use this opportunity to get some wind at his back.
Either way, Spurs are looking to extend their unbeaten league record this season at White Hart Lane and stake their claim for second place as the season races to its conclusion.
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Onomah, Sissoko, Winks, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) March 19, 2017
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 2:15 pm (10:15 am ET)
Location: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Match Official: Andre Marriner
TV: NBCSN (U.S.), Sky Sports 1 HD/UK, TSN1, TSN5, (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), fubo.tv (7 day trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!