This is a scheduled post; I’m not really here. In fact, as you read this I’m probably already at White Hart Lane, picking up my tickets and embarking on a tour of the stadium. But enough about me.
Tottenham Hotspur are once again at home against a decent but not great opponent as AFC Bournemouth are in North London. The last time these two teams faced each other at Dean Court, it was an edgy affair, with both sides trying to out-press each other. Tottenham were without Toby Alderweireld and Harry Kane, and both teams ended up cancelling each other out, resulting in a 0-0 draw.
This time, however, it’s different. Spurs welcome Kane back to the starting lineup this week, and possibly also Victor Wanyama, meaning Spurs now have no major injuries except those to Danny Rose, Harry Winks, and Erik Lamela. With Tottenham still trying to put distance between themselves and the chasing pack for top four, while hoping that Chelsea slip on a banana peel, it’s very likely that we won’t see much rotation for this match. What that means as far as the tactics and the lineup is still an open question.
As for Bournemouth, striker Callum Wilson is still out with a torn ACL, which means Benik Afobe will likely lead the line. Andrew Surman and Adam Federici are also out, while Dan Gosling and Junior Stanislaus are slight doubts.
It’s gonna be fun, y’all! Look for me in the crowd! COYS
Lineups will be posted when they are released by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, April 15, 12:30 p.m. (UK), 7:30 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Michael Oliver
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1/HD (UK), TSN (Canada), Optus Sport, SBS One (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!