Tottenham Hotspur are ending their Premier League campaign on the road against a bad opponent in Hull City that has already been relegated.
What’s the worst that could happen?
To be fair, there are pretty significant differences between the Tottenham that faced Newcastle United last season and the Tottenham that heads to the KCOM today. For starters, Spurs have already locked up second place and there isn’t anything at all that can tarnish what has been the best Spurs season since 1961. There’s no finishing third in a two horse race this season. And while there are still things to play for — Harry Kane’s golden boot, for one — dropped points today would be met with a collective shrug of the shoulders and a solid “meh.” (Or at least I choose to believe that.)
It’ll be a bit of a reunion, too: while Jake Livermore has moved on to West Brom, former club captain Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone are still with the Tigers, and one would expect Ryan Mason to be hanging around while he continues to recuperate.
Hugo Lloris is doubtful with a knee injury so expect Michel Vorm in goal. Otherwise, this being the last match of the year, you can probably expect something similar to what Mauricio Pochettino ran out against Leicester City, but with Christian Eriksen and probably Kieran Trippier. We might even have a Kevin Wimmer sighting, and who knows, maybe even see some fun youth players on the bench.
There’s no drama here, just a stress-free match of football to round out the season. I intend to enjoy it. Alas, this being Championship Sunday, it means that all the more fun games will be happening at the same time. Here’s the full schedule.
Championship Sunday schedule
All times 3 pm (UK), 10 am (USA)
Streaming on nbcsports.com/live or fubo.tv
- Liverpool vs. Middlesbrough (NBCSN / Sky Sports 1)
- Chelsea vs. Sunderland (SyFy)
- Arsenal vs. Everton (NBC)
- Leciester City vs. Bournemouth (Bravo)
- Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace (CNBC)
- Watford vs. Manchester City (USA / Sky Sports 2)
- Southampton vs. Stoke City (E!)
- Burnley vs. West Ham (Oxygen)
- Swansea City vs. West Brom (Esquire)
#THFC: Lloris (C), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Son, Dele, Kane. #COYS pic.twitter.com/zIE3m4nNer— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 21, 2017
Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Dembele, Lesniak, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 21, 2017
◾️ | Here’s the @HullCity team to face @SpursOfficial in today’s @PremierLeague clash at the KCOM Stadium #HULTOT pic.twitter.com/yw4jTlSbcS— Hull City (@HullCity) May 21, 2017
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, May 21, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: KCOM Stadium, Hull, UK
Official: Andre Marriner
TV: MSNBC (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet World, (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), also fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!