So here’s the good news: Tottenham Hotspur have another match today! It’s a friendly match against Hong Kong Premier League champions Kitchee SC at the Hong Kong stadium, part of a post-season trip to
extend their AIA kit deal make inroads in the Asian market. Pressure-free, post-season football, right? What’s not to love?
Here’s the bad news: it does not appear that this match is in any way televised or legally streamed on the internet. Also, this match we apparently can’t watch kicks off at 8:00 a.m. on a work day which pretty much precludes any of us actually covering it.
But whatever. It’s a Tottenham Hotspur and we’re gonna write about it, even if we can’t watch. Lineup? Unknown. Info about Spurs’ opponents? Also unknown. Isn’t life fun?
I am reliably informed that Pau Lopez might start this game. Which figures, since it’s a game I most likely can’t actually watch.
Subs: Lopez, Vorm, Trippier, Vertonghen, Amos, Dele, Dier, Miller, Wanyama, Kane, Sterling. #SpursInHongKong— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 26, 2017
Game information/How to follow
Date/Time: Friday, May 26, 2017, 8:00 pm (Hong Kong), 8:00 am (ET), 1 pm (UK)
Location: Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong
Streaming: Probably somewhere, but we have no idea
There were rumors that this match might be streamed by Spurs live on Facebook. Thus far, we haven’t seen any confirmation from the club that they plan to do this. So in lieu of that and any other legal streaming option, instead we’re going to embed the @spursofficial twitter feed here, and perhaps we can all follow along that way.
UPDATE! The Spurs Facebook stream is not available in the USA, but Kitchee SC is streaming it on their FB page. Tottenham Hotspur... in Chinese. As God intended.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!