London Derbies are coming thick and fast right now. First there was the FA Cup semifinal derby against Chelsea. Then a London derby at Palace. Then the North London Derby. Now, another London derby against West Ham. Too many London clubs!
West Ham vs. Tottenham Hotspur SHOULD be a high intensity London derby, but the intensity always seems to feel like it’s coming most from the east side of London, not the north. Oh sure, Spurs fans don’t really like West Ham and the feeling is mutual over there, but it’s more of an annoyance, and less outright hatred. At least, that’s my view from across the pond.
That said, Spurs rarely have it easy heading to West Ham, though they haven’t had to do so since the Hammers moved into the cavernous atmosphere-suck that is the London stadium. With fans well removed from the action on the pitch thanks to the running track, it may be a challenge to even see the match, much less get the humors moving enough to banter about it.
West Ham are spinning their wheels this season, but would like nothing better than to permanently derail Tottenham’s title chase by denying Spurs their tenth straight win. Spurs are just hoping to keep their momentum going and keep the pressure on Chelsea as they host Middlesbrough on Monday.
#THFC: Lloris (C), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Son, Eriksen, Dele, Kane. #COYS pic.twitter.com/B3L4oJhiBz— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 5, 2017
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Dembele, Nkoudou, Sissoko, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 5, 2017
TEAM NEWS!— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) May 5, 2017
3️⃣ changes from Slaven...
➡️ Byram, Cresswell & Noble
⬅️ Fernandes, Masuaku & Nordtveit#COYI #WHUTOT pic.twitter.com/S8QokCkRFO
How to Watch
Date/time: Friday, May 5, 8:00 p.m. (UK), 3:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: London Stadium, London, UK
Official: Anthony Taylor
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1/HD (UK), Sportsnet World, (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!