Engerland! Harry Kane will captain the Three Lions as England heads “norf” to face Scotland in UEFA World Cup Qualifying. Kane is joined by fellow Tottenham teammates Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Kyle Walker, and Kieran Tripper in the England squad. It’s the first time Kane has captained the England senior squad in his career, and something tells me it won’t be the last.
England have had a pretty easy go of it thus far in qualifying, leading Group F with 13 points after five games. Scotland, by contrast, have only seven points and if they want any chance at all of making it to the World Cup in Russia next summer, they pretty much need a win. That won’t be easy, as Gareth Southgate has a talented young squad to choose from, one blessedly free of Wayne Rooney this time around.
We don’t know how Southgate will set up his squad, but we know that Kane will be up top. And really, that’s all we need to know.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, June 10, 5:00 pm (UK), 12:00 pm (ET)
Location: Hampden Park, Glasgow, Scotland
TV: Fox Sports 2 (USA), Sky Sports 5/1, ITV 1 (UK), Sportsnet World, (Canada), ESPN3 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA), Sky Go, ITV Hub (UK) , also fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!