England! In a World Cup final! Why, that hasn’t happened since... 1966! Of course, this isn’t Harry Kane, Dele Alli, and company, this is Kyle Walker-Peters, Josh Onomah, and Dominic Solanke, but hey, it’s a World Cup final, why quibble?
England has been marvelous in this tournament, going undefeated with only one draw, against Guinea in the group stages. The good news for Tottenham Hotspur fans is that Josh Onomah is back after serving a bullsh!t one match penalty after being ridiculously sent off after picking up his second yellow for dribbling past a Mexico defender in the quarterfinals. Joshy has been a fixture in the England midfield for almost the whole of the tournament, and it’s quite likely he’ll be back in the pivot beside Lewis Cook.
Meanwhile, KWP has been playing the entire tournament out of position as a left fullback but he’s had a heck of a tournament thus far. Is it enough to earn him a backup position in Tottenham Hotspur’s first team next season? We’ll see.
It’s England! It’s the World Cup finals! It’s U20 national team action! Let’s go!
Oh, let’s be honest, this game starts at 6 am, the odds are super slim that Menno will be awake in time to post the lineups. Try Twitter.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 7:00 pm (Korea), 11 am (UK), 6 am (ET)
Location: Suwon World Cup Stadium, Suwon, South Korea
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Telemundo (USA - Spanish), EuroSport 2 (UK), TSN2, (Canada), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA) , also fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!