Good morning, Tottenham Hotspur fans!
The words “England” and “World Cup success” don’t usually go hand in hand, but we’re not talking about the senior team. The U20s are a different animal altogether, and this year Engerland are having a right go at it.
Tottenham Hotspur’s Kyle Walker-Peters and Josh Onomah have helped take the Young Lions to the semi-finals of the U20 World Cup in South Korea, and they play a very good Italy squad today for the right to play either Uruguay or Venezuela in the finals. The result of that match will be known before this game kicks off (but not when this article was written).
Both Onomah and Walker-Peters have had a good showing in this tournament. Joshy has been playing well as part of a central midfield pivot alongside Lewis Cook, and KWP has been playing well (though out of position) as England’s first choice left back. Onomah won’t play this match — he is serving a one-match suspension after being wrongfully sent off while dribbling by an idiot match official in the quarterfinals, but KWP should start today.
Lineups will be posted after they are released by the clubs (and/or after Menno wakes up)
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, June 8, 8:00 pm (Korea), 12 noon (UK), 7:00 am (ET)
Location: Jeonju World Cup Stadium, Jeonju, South Korea
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Eurosport 2 (UK), TSN 1, (Canada), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA), also fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!