Who’s ready for some preseason football? Tottenham Hotspur will face Paris Saint-Germain in the International Champions Cup this evening from steamy Orlando, Florida. Spurs have been training and adapting to the heat and central Florida climate since Wednesday, and there’s a palpable sense of excitement about this match.
It’s the first time that fans will have an opportunity to watch this year’s Spurs squad in action since the post-season tour to Hong Kong. I say “this year’s” squad, but really it’s the same squad -- Spurs have yet to sign anyone in the transfer window, and have shipped off Kyle Walker to Manchester City for a record £50m, plus a few other players who were on loan have also departed.
However, there are a few exciting youth players that have travelled with the squad like American Cameron Carter-Vickers, midfielder Tashan Oakley-Booth, and U20 World Cup winners Josh Onomah and Kyle Walker-Peters. Pochettino appears to be taking these preseason matches seriously but hopefully we’ll get a chance to see the youngsters in action as well, at least briefly.
This is the first stop on Spurs’ preseason tour of USA -- they will play A.S. Roma in New Jersey on Tuesday, and Manchester City in Nashville one week from today.
Enjoy this first look at your 2017-18 Tottenham Hotspur! COYS!
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, July 22, 2017, 8:00 p.m. ET (USA), 1:00 a.m. Sunday (UK)
Venue: Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
TV: ESPN2 / ESPN Deportes (USA), Premier Sports (UK), TLN, (Canada), beIN Sports 2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: WatchESPN / ESPN3
Radio: No clue this time. Check your local listings, UK residents.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!