It’s the last stop in USA for Tottenham Hotspur. Spurs are in Music City USA, i.e. Nashville, Tennessee, for the final International Champions Cup match of their summer tour. This time they’re facing an old foe: league rivals Manchester City.
The summer couldn’t have gone more different for these two clubs. Spurs finished second last season with a team of young, inexpensive players, while City faded down the stretch in Pep Guardiola’s first season in charge and finished a distant third. However, City have splashed the cash this summer, spending more than £200m already to overhaul their squad, including shelling out a then-record-for-a-defender £50m for Spurs’ Kyle Walker.
Tottenham? They’ve spent nothing. Zero. Zilch.
This is a friendly match so it may not tell us much, but it’s still full of intrigue, no less because it could be the first time that Spurs will go up against Walker since he left for the Citizens earlier this month. THAT will be fun. It doesn’t have any impact on the Premier League standings, but you can bet that the myriads of Tottenham fans in Nashville right now (and there are, from every indication, a LOT) would love to see Spurs throttle City and their Scrooge MacDuck-like money pit, even if it’s meaningless.
Lineup for @ManCity: Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Kompany (c), Stones, Otamendi, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, G Jesus— Cartilage Free Capt. (@cartilagefree) July 29, 2017
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, July 29, 2017, 5 pm Nashville (CT), 6 pm (ET), 11:00 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee
TV: ESPN2 / ESPN Deportes (USA), Premier Sports (UK), TLN, (Canada), beIN Sports 2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: WatchESPN / ESPN3
Radio: No clue this time. Check your local listings, UK residents.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!