It’s been a trying few days, hasn’t it? Heck, it’s been a trying summer. But let’s put that all aside for now, because Tottenham are back and the new season is about underway.
In some ways it’s fitting that Newcastle’s first game back in the Premier League is against the same side that they faced in their last Premier League match. But if you think Tottenham Hotspur have forgotten about what happened to them in week 38 of the 2015-16 season, I guarantee you they have not. Moussa Sissoko was wearing barcodes back then; now he could very well start for Spurs at right back.
There’s a lot of angst going around in Spurs land at the moment, but that’s nothing that a comfortable win over a newly promoted side can’t fix. So let’s go do that, shall we?
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, August 13, 1:30 p.m. (UK), 8:30 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: St. James’ Park, Newcastle, UK
Official: Andre Marriner
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports Main Event, (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), fubo.tv (free 7-day trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to note bad calls, but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, homophobic, or transphobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!