Happy Saturday, everyone! We’re now at week 2 of the new Premier League season, which is still the point where we’re so excited to have the football back that we still don’t care that most of the matchups today are crap.
Seriously, look at these. The biggest match of the day comes down to whether we think Arsenal can eke out another 4-3 win on a cold, rainy afternoon in Stoke. (It’s true, I looked it up: the forecast today in Stoke-on-Trent is rain showers, high of 63ºF. )
There might be some interest in a few of these matches, though — Leicester vs. Brighton could pique some interest, and there’s some slight intrigue in whether Burnley can start the season 2-0 with a win over Nacer Chadli and the Fightin’ Pulises.
Whatever, I’ll watch ‘em anyway. And so will you. Here’s your open thread.
Saturday Premier League Schedule
Matches can be streamed in the USA either on NBC Sports Live, NBC Sports Gold, or fubo.tv (free 7-day trial) for matches not on NBCS Gold. There appears to be no 3 pm football televised in the UK, which seems... well, odd.
- Swansea City vs. Manchester City, 7:30 am ET, 12:30 pm UK — NBCSN, Sky Sports
- Bournemouth vs. Watford, 10 am ET, 3 pm UK — NBC Sports Gold, no TV in UK
- Leicester City vs. Brighton & Hove Albion, 10 am ET, 3 pm UK — NBC Sports Gold, no TV in UK
- Southampton vs. West Ham, 10 am ET, 3 pm UK -- NBC Sports Gold, no TV in UK
- Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace, 10 am ET, 3 pm UK — NBCSN, no TV in UK
- Burnley vs. West Brom, 10 am ET, 3 pm UK — NBC Sports Gold, no TV in UK
- Stoke City vs. Arsenal, 12:30 pm ET, 5:30 pm UK — NBC, BT Sport 1