Tottenham Hotspur welcome Burnley to Wembley Stadium for their second consecutive home game in the Premier League. Spurs have three points from two games and would love another win today to get back on the winning track. Burnley are tied in points with Spurs and are just hoping to survive for another season in the Premier League.
Match Date, Time and Location
Sunday, August 27, 2017, 11:00 a.m. (USA), 4:00 pm (UK)
Wembley Stadium, London, England
Match official: Lee Mason
United Kingdom: not televised
USA: not televised
Canada: Sportsnet World / Sportsnet One
Australia: Optus Sports
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Yes, American viewers, this game is not on TV. Nope, not at all. The only way to watch legally is through NBC’s $50 Premier League Pass on NBC Sports Gold.
Please note: do NOT post links to illegal streams in the comments, or ask where to watch the match. Violators will be banned.
No, really, Wembley isn’t cursed.
Tottenham lost another one at Wembley last weekend, and another harsh one to Chelsea at the same time, and the old #narratives kept on flowing. But Spurs are not a bad team, and they are going to win at Wembley sooner or later. We prefer sooner.
Burnley had a very surprising win over nine-man Chelsea in week one, but dropped their first home game to West Brom last week. They are not especially great, but have already proven that they can surprise on their day. Spurs should not expect a walk in the park but they should expect a result.
For Tottenham, the big news ahead of the match was the availability of new signing Davinson Sanchez, who received his work permit and could play today at Wembley. However, we suspect that Poch will bring him in gradually and will at most get a place on the bench against the Clarets. Elsewhere, it will be a first-choice 11 for Tottenham.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!