Here we go. It’s the final friendly for Tottenham Hotspur before the start of the 2017-18 Premier League season, and this one will be at Spurs’ temporary home. Wembley Stadium hasn’t been kind to Spurs over the past few years, but now Spurs need to learn how to win here.
Might as well start with the European runners-up. Juventus is coming off of a fantastic season and are gearing up for another Serie A title and deep run in the Champions League. They have brought virtually their entire squad to England, and if the Manchester City match is any indication, both Tottenham and Juventus are going to go for it, at least for the first half. Expect strong lineups to start the game, but lots of subs in the second half.
Mauricio Pochettino knows that his side has a lot of work to do to be ready for the rigors of the Premier League. After a disheartening loss to Manchester City in Nashville, now’s a good chance to show that the work is underway.
P.S. — if you’re able to run multiple monitors or have more than one TV, Josh Onomah is eligible to play Aston Villa’s first match in the Championship against Hull City at the same time as this match. It’s streamed on ESPN3 in the USA and is on Sky Sports Main Event in the UK.
#THFC: Lloris (C); Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Dembele; Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele; Kane. #COYS pic.twitter.com/9XIxNmo77u— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) August 5, 2017
Juventus XI: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Rugani, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic; Douglas Costa, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain. #SpursJuve— JuventusFC (@juventusfc) August 5, 2017
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 12:30 p.m. ET (USA), 5:30 pm (UK)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: ESPN / ESPN Deportes (USA), Premier Sports (UK), not televised (Canada), beIN Sports 2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: WatchESPN / ESPN3
Radio: Supposedly on BBC Radio, but I can’t find confirmation.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussion of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!