Tottenham Hotspur are back in Premier League action just three days after their big win over Dortmund in the Champions League. A win today at Wembley Stadium against a struggling Swansea City is a bit easier of an ask. It’s also possible we’ll see Fernando Llorente go up against his old club for the first time!
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, September 16, 2017, 12:30 p.m. (USA), 5:30 pm (UK)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Mike Dean
United Kingdom: BT Sport 4K / BT Sport 1
Canada: TSN1, TSN4
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Only a win will do today.
Spurs have already banished a number of curses so far this season. There’s the Harry-Kane-Can’t-Score-at-Wembly curse, the Tottenham-Can’t-Win-At-Wembley curse, which is closely related to the Tottenham-Struggles-in-the-Champions-League-at-Wembley curse. But according to NBC’s promotional materials, there’s still the Tottenham-Can’t-Beat-Premier-League-Opponents-At-Wembly curse. How many curses are in this curse?
Well, Spurs are up against a not-very-good Swansea team today at Wembley, and frankly only a win will do against this hoodoo. Spurs are flying high and would love to get three more points against a Welsh team that they’ve really not had much trouble with. Since Swansea came up to the Premier League, Spurs are 10-0-2 against the Welsh side, and they’re not about to start losing now.
With this being their third match in eight days, normally I’d say that this would be a game where we would expect moderate rotation. However, with Spurs hosting Barnsley in the League Cup on Tuesday, instead I suspect we’ll see a strong side against the Swans. Kieran Trippier will come in, as will Dele Alli. Maybe Moussa Sissoko will come in for Mousa Dembele again, but otherwise, it should be a strong lineup. Maybe we’ll even get a chance to really get a look at Fernando Llorente against his old side.
No matter what, Spurs should be disappointed if they don’t end the game with another W. So let’s roll ‘em.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!