Hey, it’s the third round of the
League Milk Coca-Cola Worthington Carling Capital one EFL Carabao Cup! Just three days after their disappointing scoreless draw against Swansea, Spurs are back at Wembley Stadium to host Championship side Barnsley in what will basically be a cup final for the not-Tottenham club.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that it’s not on TV anywhere, and it’s barely on the radio. Get ready to follow a match vicariously via Twitter!
Match Date, Time, and Location
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 3:00 p.m. (ET), 8 pm (BST)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Unfortunately, you can’t watch. It’s not on TV, and I mean literally it’s not on TV anywhere. Best you can probably do is follow along on the curated twitter timeline I have embedded in the page below, and you can also follow along with the Tottenham match center feed on the official club website.
The match is on locally (NOT online) on BBC Radio Sheffield.
If you have a phone, you might also find some love with a radio feed on the FotMob app. But then again, you might not. Isn’t this fun? Wheeeeee!
I don’t know what to tell you about this match. I don’t know anything about Barnsley, except they beat Derby 3-2 in the 2nd round just last week. What I do know is that I’d love to be able to watch this match, but I can’t both because of work and because unless you’re at Wembley you’re out of luck until you can find the highlights somewhere.
So come hang out with us on Twitter while we try and figure out what the hell’s going on!
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!