The international break is over, thank jeebus! Now it’s back to the REAL football. Tottenham Hotspur are in the blue part of Merseyside to take on the new-look Everton at Goodison Park. For Spurs, it’s an opportunity to atone for their late game collapse that saw them drop points at home to Burnley. For Everton, it’s a chance to nick points off of one of their rivals for top six.
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, September 9, 2017, 10:00 a.m. (USA), 3:00 pm (UK)
Goodison Park, Liverpool, England
Match official: Graham Scott
United Kingdom: not televised
Canada: TSN 1
Australia: Optus Sports
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
This is your Tottenham team until January.
Time to get used to it. Like it or not, Spurs should focused most of their efforts on shoring up the defense and getting rid of Vincent Janssen. That said, the defense is pretty good. Davinson Sanchez gives Mauricio Pochettino a chance to run with three at the back without deputizing Eric Dier, which is good since he’s needed in midfield now that Victor Wanyama is out with a knee injury.
Pound for pound, Spurs still have one of the best starting 11s in England, but that’s going to face a stiff test. Everton are a good (if slow and boring) side, but Spurs also have to keep one eye on the midweek Champions League tie against Dortmund, so you can probably expect some rotation in the ranks as Poch tries to keep his players fresh.
Everton spent a bazillion pounds to not improve themselves all that much this summer. They financed their purchases with the money from Romelu Lukaku but somehow managed to not adequately replace him, instead bringing the corpse of Wayne Rooney home, signing Sandro Ramirez, Jordan Pickford, Davy Klaassen, and shelling out £45m on Gylfi Sigurdsson. But even if their moves result in a push, they’re still dangerous at Goodison Park and Spurs will need to play well to get a result today.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!