Hey there, guy. Hi, girlfriend. The Magic of the Cup is back and Tottenham Hotspur are on the road to experience it. Spurs are in the south of Wales to take on League 2 Newport County in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup, the oldest association football cup competition in the world.
We got: a tiny stadium! A rugby pitch! Welsh people! And a team I know nothing about but which is currently 72 points and three divisions below Tottenham!
LET’S DO THIS.
#THFC: Vorm, Trippier, Foyth, Vertonghen, Walker-Peters, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dembele, Llorente, Kane (C). #COYS pic.twitter.com/tsjaXEWorV— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 27, 2018
#THFC substitutes: Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Davies, Amos, Georgiou, Dele, Son. #COYS pic.twitter.com/hmKih2ukm1— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 27, 2018
| Here is your Newport County AFC team for this afternoon's @EmiratesFACup tie against @SpursOfficial.#OneClubOneCounty pic.twitter.com/RGNQj49bpZ— Newport County AFC (@NewportCounty) January 27, 2018
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, January 27, 2018, 12:30 p.m. (ET), 5:30 p.m. (BST)
Rodney Parade, Newport, Wales, UK
Match official: Roger East
United Kingdom: BT Sport 2
USA: Fox Sports 1
Canada: Sportsnet East/West/Pacific/Ontario/World
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
United Kingdom: BT Sport
USA: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer Match Pass / fubo.tv (7-day trial)
Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com (requires free OneHotspur membership), also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Newport are a team in Wales.
Their nicknames are The Exiles, The Ironsides, The Port, and The County. Their leading scorer is Shawn McCoulsky, with ten goals this season.
That’s all I got. There’s magic in the air.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!