Tottenham Hotspur play West Ham for the third time already this season. Both games had identical scorelines — 3-2 — but with each team taking one result. Spurs got a 3-2 win at the London Stadium in September, but the Hammers came back from two goals down to win 3-2 at Wembley in the League Cup against a rotated Spurs side. Today, it’s the Premier League, and with both teams having played a mere 48 hours earlier, one can probably expect some rotation.
3️⃣ changes for the Hammers and Chicharito starts... pic.twitter.com/R9YYyhjgD0— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) January 4, 2018
Match Date, Time and Location
Thursday, January 4, 2018, 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (BST)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Mike Dean
United Kingdom: Sky Sports Premier League / Main Event
USA: NBC Sports Network
Canada: Sportsnet World
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Who’s ready for another cup final?
I hate playing West Ham. I dislike most London derbies, but the West Ham matches are always especially annoying. West Ham fans are awful to Tottenham supporters, and the Hammers annoyingly seem to always perform well when playing Spurs, narrative be damned.
Spurs have faced West Ham twice this season: a 3-2 league win at the London Stadium, and a 3-2 loss in the League Cup. Spurs have won their last three after a shellacking by Manchester City, and a win over the Hammers will put them within two points of third in the table. Spurs have only an FA Cup game against Wimbledon between now and next weekend’s match vs Everton, so Pochettino may opt to push his stars this week and give them a nice breather at the weekend.
But this is West Ham’s cup final, and even though like Spurs they are coming off of only a day’s rest and will likely rotate like crazy, it has the makings of another annoyingly close match.
I hope we pound them.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!