Nope, it’s not scheduled for television in the UK, and Fox, which covers the rights to the FA Cup in the USA, has opted to show Shrewsbury Town vs. West Ham, and Nottingham Forest vs. Arsenal.
I know, I know. Get the pitchforks.
Because we can’t watch, we won’t be tweeting this game either, because let’s face it, all we can really do is repeat anything that comes through @spursofficial. But we’ll still give you this article to talk about the match.
Match Date, Time, and Location
Sunday, January 7, 2017, 3:00 p.m. (BST), 10 a.m. (BST)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Unfortunately, you can’t watch. It’s not on TV, and I mean literally it’s not on TV anywhere. Best you can probably do is follow along with the match feed at the Tottenham match center feed on the official club website.
If you have a phone, you might also find some love with a radio feed on the FotMob app. But then again, you might not. Isn’t this fun? Wheeeeee!
Wimbledon aren’t great this season. They’re currently in the drop zone in League 1, 21st in the table with 27 points from 25 games. I can’t say that I know a lot about Wimbledon or how they play, but I know that there are a couple of names on their squad that you might recognize.
Andy Barcham came up through the Spurs academy and even made his senior debut in an FA Cup match against Port Vale back in 2006. He was sold go Gillingham in 2009 and also played for Scunthorpe and Portsmouth before signing with Wimbledon in 2015. Dean Parrett, another Tottenham academy grad, was perpetually on loan for his last few years at the club, and was sold to Stevenage in 2013 before joining the Dons.
Wimbledon are led by striker Lyle Taylor, who has 11 goals for the Dons thus far this season.
Tottenham will no doubt take this opportunity to rest players like Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris, and Eric Dier. They should have plenty enough talent to see off the Dons at Wembley, though.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!