The Nations League is something that is definitely a real thing that is not at all a way for UEFA to milk people out of more money by emphasizing what would otherwise be meaningless international friendlies a few moments after a World Cup.
Today, England are in Croatia to the play the first of two Nations League matches, but thanks to an ongoing suspension by UEFA dating back to 2016 over a swastika found on a Croatian field before a EURO qualifier, this match will take place behind closed doors in an empty stadium.
Harry Kane and Eric Dier are both in the starting lineup for England. It’s kinda-sorta a rematch of the World Cup except with significantly lower stakes and a lot of difference between the teams.
Here’s your open thread.
How to Watch
Date/time: Friday, October 12, 2018 | 2:45 p.m. (ET), 7:45 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Stadion HNK Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
TV: ESPN 2 (USA), Sky Sports Main Event, (UK), not televised (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA), Univision Deportes En Vivo (USA - Spanish), fubo.tv (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!