We don’t like West Ham but West Ham REALLY don’t like us. That’s the way of it in this particular London Derby where Spurs haven’t finished below the table to the Hammers since 2002, but they somehow keep beating Tottenham Hotspur in individual games. Last season Spurs won at the London Stadium but fell in the League Cup and only managed a draw at Wembley.
This off-season West Ham spent £100m in the transfer window, while Spurs spent (gasp) nothing. And yet, Tottenham have 18 points, while West Ham have 7. That probably doesn’t matter right now — this is about rivalry and pride and crappy stadiums.
Spurs are set to welcome back Christian Eriksen to the starting lineup. Let’s hope that extra jolt of creativity is enough to get three points today.
Our team to take on Spurs... ⚒️ pic.twitter.com/kbekPVo9Xo— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) October 20, 2018
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, October 20, 2018 | 10 a.m. (ET), 3 p.m. (BST)
Venue: London Stadium, London, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), not televised, (UK), Sportsnet East/West/Pacific/Ontario (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), fubo.tv (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!