Here we go. Tottenham Hotspur are playing arguably their toughest opponent yet — and that includes Barcelona — today at Wembley Stadium as they host Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City in the Premier League today.
Getting a result will be a tall order for Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs, but the good news is that Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli are both back and both could feature for Tottenham. It’s not clear how Poch will set up his squad with a midweek match against West Ham in the League Cup coming up in two days, but one would guess he’ll rotate heavily for the Mickey Mouse Cup and Audere est facere today. The game is about glory, after all.
The match will be played on a pretty rotten Wembley pitch that hosted an NFL game between Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars just yesterday. Will that benefit Spurs more than City? Who knows.
Spurs will need to be at their best today to get a result. City are a phenomenal team.
How we line-up at Wembley tonight ⚽️— Manchester City (@ManCity) October 29, 2018
City XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Silva (C), Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero
Subs | Muric, Kompany, De Bruyne, Sané, Otamendi, Jesus, Foden
Presented by @HAYSWorldwide #TOTMCI #mancity pic.twitter.com/Mv7cFBogvo
How to Watch
Date/time: Monday, October 29, 2018 | 4 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports Premier League/Main Event, (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), fubo.tv (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!