Spurs head back to the London Stadium for their second match against West Ham in two weeks today. After a hard-fought 1-0 win over the Hammers in the Premier League on October 20, this time it’s in the Carabao Cup Round of 16.
West Ham are the team that knocked Spurs out of the League Cup last season, a 3-2 defeat in the fourth round. The Hammers will try and do so again in another “cup final” match, but the teams may look different. Spurs in particular will have to rotate as they played two days ago at Wembley against Manchester City, and have a trip to Wolverhampton on Saturday.
What that rotation will look like is anyone’s guess, but we can probably infer thanks to the injury to Eric Dier that Victor Wanyama will feature. We might see starts from Serge Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters, and Son Heung-Min looks likely to enter the starting lineup.
This isn’t the EXCITING cup, but it’s still a chance to get closer to actually winning silverware. Plus, sticking it to West Ham is always fun.
The Boss puts out a strong team to take on Spurs tonight! pic.twitter.com/JDD6q6oLK1— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) October 31, 2018
How to Watch
Please note — this match is not legally televised anywhere in the USA or UK. The match will be streamed by ESPN+, which is a digital subscription service. Cost is $4.99/mo. and there is a 7-day trial for new subscribers. As always, links to illegal streams will be deleted and users who share will be banned.
Date/time: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 | 3:45 p.m. (ET), 7:45 p.m. (BST)
Venue: London Stadium, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA, UK, Canada), beIN Sports 1 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN+ - [$4.99/mo, 7-day free trial] (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!