Tottenham Hotspur can make it 18 from 8 matches in the Premier League with a win today over Cardiff City at Wembley Stadium. Spurs are coming off of a 4-2 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League, but what better way to wash the taste of a Messi masterclass out of your mouth than with a big win over a recently promoted side?
Neil Warnock’s Bluebirds are one of three teams in the league that have yet to win a game this season, with two points in eight games. Hey, do you know who else started the season with two points in eight games that one time? Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Juande Ramos, baby, represent!
But enough about that. This should be a walk for Tottenham, but Spurs are injured, and it would be unwise to look a gift... uh, bluebird in the mouth. Let’s smash ‘em.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, October 6, 2018 | 10 a.m. (ET), 3 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), not televised, (UK), Sportsnet East/West/Pacific/Ontario (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), fubo.tv (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!