Tottenham Hotspur need a win today. We’ve said that a lot in the Champions League this season, but this time it’s for real. Spurs must win to have any shot of getting out of Champions League Group B. A loss or a draw will resign them to another season of Europa League competition.
And they can do it, too. If there’s one thing their 3-1 shellacking of Chelsea in the Premier League this past weekend taught us it’s that this is a talented Spurs team that can win big games. Spurs were desperately unlucky in the first meeting between these two teams in Milan, conceding two goals in six minutes en route to a 2-1 defeat at the San Siro. Mauricio Pochettino’s men can not allow for such defensive lapses today. It’s win or parachute down to play teams like Spartak Moscow or Lazio.
Davinson Sanchez, Mousa Dembele, Juan Foyth, and Victor Wanyama are all out, but Jan Vertonghen is set to start for the first time in a couple of months. Expect to see Erik Lamela rotate in as well, as well as Lucas Moura. Spurs will want to put this one to bed early, unlike what they did in Milan.
How to Watch
Time/Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 | 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. BST
Location: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match Official: Cüneyt Çakır (TUR)
TV: BT Sport 3 (United Kingdom), TNT (USA), DAZN (Canada), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Watch TNT, B/R Live [$] (USA)
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!