Oh blessed football, who taketh away the boredom of the weekend, have mercy on us. Tottenham Hotspur may play on Saturday, but they get a rare late match — that’s a kick-off of 7:45 p.m. in London (3:45 ET). It makes for a more appropriate day drinking time, but it means we’ve got to wait to get our fix.
No matter, there’s football to be watched. The best non-Spurs match of the day is no doubt Arsenal vs. Liverpool, also known as the Meteor Derby. This would be a match that would benefit Spurs the most if both sides dropped points, so come on you draw!
It will also be the first match Leicester plays since the tragic helicopter crash that claimed the life of their chairman and three other people. Emotions should be high.
Here’s your open thread for the Saturday matches. Also, don’t forget that Daylight Savings Time ends in the United States on Sunday morning, so London will go back to being ET +5. Keep that in mind if you plan to get up to watch Spurs Ladies Sunday morning.
Saturday Premier League Schedule
- Bournemouth vs. Manchester United — 8:30 a.m. ET, 12:30 p.m. UK
- Newcastle vs. Watford — 11 a.m. ET, 3 p.m.UK
- Everton vs. Brighton — 11 a.m. ET, 3 p.m. UK
- West Ham vs. Burnley — 11 a.m. ET, 3 p.m. UK
- Cardiff vs. Leicester — 11 a.m. ET, 3 p.m. UK
- Arsenal vs. Liverpool — 1:30 p.m. ET, 5:30 p.m. UK