Last time we called the match at PSV Eindhoven a must-win for Tottenham Hotspur. Well, it wasn’t, not really. While Spurs’ draw against the Eredivisie leaders wasn’t the final nail in the coffin, it certainly put their Champions League campaign on life support. Spurs still have a slim chance to advance out of their Champions League group but it’s no longer fully in their hands — they’ll need to win out and hope that Inter drops enough points along the way for them to just sneak past the gate.
That all starts today at Wembley with a central midfield that is walking wounded and at the end of a killer run of fixtures — their fourth in nine days. Expect Poch to go for it, but PSV are in the exact same situation. They’re a good side, as we know. A Spurs loss means that they’ll likely crash out of Europe entirely, which depending on your point of view may or may not be a bad thing.
But let’s not go down that road quite yet. Let’s win instead.
How to Watch
Note: This match is not televised on broadcast TV anywhere in the USA. Your only legal option is to purchase the match on Bleacher Report Live
Time/Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 | 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. BST
Location: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match Official: Ivan Kružliak (SVK)
TV: BT Sport 2 (United Kingdom), not televised (USA-English), Galavision (USA-Spanish), DAZN (Canada), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!