A Premier League home match against relegation fodder days after a huge win in Europe? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Or at least it would for past Tottenham teams. But maybe not this one? Spurs welcome Burnley to Wembley Stadium, four days after a highly emotional draw against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.
Spurs’ only two home losses this season have come to Liverpool and Manchester City, and they’ve beaten all other comers. Burnley by contrast are struggling compared to last season, defensively unglued and headed towards what looks like a battle to stay up.
Even so, Spurs will need to be sure not to switch off. These are the kinds of matches they must win if they are to stay within striking distance of Liverpool and City.
Watch for former Hotspur Aaron Lennon, who plays his first match against Spurs since leaving Everton for Burnley this summer.
Will be posted when released by the clubs
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, December 15, 2018 | 10 a.m. (ET), 3 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), not televised (UK), TSN 1 (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!