Hey, look — it’s a North London Derby! ...Yes, we just had one, and it was awful when Spurs lost 4-2, but now there’s another one. ...No, it’s not at Tottenham Hotspur’s home ground, it’s at Arsenal again. Because it’s the League Cup, that’s why.
...No, that’s the FA Cup, this is the OTHER domestic cup. And yes, people usually don’t care as much about this one, so there will be a fair amount of rotation, probably. Except for Spurs, because half of their team is injured so they’ll need to play a strong team.
No, I’m not as nervous about this one as I was the last NLD. I’d pretty much just like this one to be over. Getting closer to lifting a trophy would be nice, as would winning so Arsenal fans aren’t annoying on Twitter again.
Let’s get this over with.
How to Watch
Yes, American readers, this match is only available streaming on ESPN+, a stand-alone streaming service. There’s a free 7-day trial, and the service is only $5 so it’s not a whole lot of cheddar. No links to illegal streams in the comments or suffer the Wrath of Menno.
Date/time: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 | 2:45 p.m. (ET), 7:45 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Emirates Stadium, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA), Sky Sports Football/Main Event (UK), DAZN (Canada), beIN Sports 2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA - subscription required)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!