Let’s go. Tottenham Hotspur are back at
home Wembley Stadium today for a mid-week match against Southampton. The Saints are close to adrift in the Premier League — in the relegation zone, just one win, only nine points. They just sacked Mark Hughes and are currently led by caretaker manager Kelvin Davis, though look likely to appoint former RB Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl.
All that makes for what we hope is an easy win today for Spurs as they look to bounce back from a highly-charged loss to Arsenal in the North London Derby. That loss dropped Spurs behind the Gooners on goal differential, and down to fifth in the table. And that’s bad!
Spurs are still a bit dinged up and have had to carefully rotate for fitness purposes. That won’t change anytime soon with a weekend match at Leicester followed by the all-important Champions League match at the Nou Camp next Tuesday.
But first, don’t let the Saints go marching in.
How to Watch
Yep! It’s another match on NBC Gold. This match is not televised anywhere in the USA or the UK, so don’t even ask for an illegal stream. That’s a good way to get banned.
Date/time: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 | 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Gold ($) (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!