Premier League football is back! After a week off for FA Cup and Champions League stuff, Spurs are back in action in the league, and ready to try and continue their excellent start to 2018 as they face Roy Hodgson’s Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Changes! Both Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld are out with minor injuries. Erik Lamela starts ahead of Son Heung-Min.
Match Date, Time and Location
Sunday, February 25, 2018, 7 am (ET), 12 p.m. (GMT)
Selhurst Park, London, UK
Match official: Kevin Friend
United Kingdom: Sky Sports Premier League/Main Event
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
It’s a London Derby, but not the one we LIKE.
After a string of high-profile tests, Tottenham Hotspur have passed them all with flying colors. Maybe that’s why we’re all concerned about a stupid let down today at Selhurst Park in another London derby. The Roy Hodgson Palace are certainly better than the Alan Pardew Palace, but they’re still underperforming where they probably should be in the table.
Meanwhile, Rochdale blip notwithstanding, Spurs are flying in 2018: undefeated, full of confidence, fresh off of a huge Champions League draw against Juventus, four points out of third. A perfect time to derp away some points in a stupid match against a team that some thought might be relegated, right?
I don’t know if I really believe that, but this is a match that makes my Spursy lizard hind brain stretch its legs and make mewling noises. Spurs really do need the three points to continue to put the pressure on Liverpool, United, and Chelsea in the hunt for Champions League next season. I think they can do it. They certainly should.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!