Good morning, Tottenham Hotspur fans! Spurs are in action today in the FA Cup fifth round replay against League 1 relegation flirters Rochdale. The previous meeting between the two clubs, the first time they’ve ever faced each other, resulted in a dramatic 2-2 draw that saw the Dale equalize in injury time, just after Harry Kane put Spurs ahead via penalty.
Now the two have a replay at Wembley Stadium. The winner goes on to the quarterfinals where they will travel to Swansea City. That’s assuming the wintery weather doesn’t force any kind of delay or cancellation — apparently “snow” makes English people freak out. (Google “USA-Costa Rica snow game,” and hold our collective beers.)
Update: the show must go on!
TEAM NEWS | Here's how we'll line-up this evening...— Rochdale AFC (@officiallydale) February 28, 2018
1⃣ Josh Lillis
2⃣ Joe Rafferty
4⃣ Jimmy McNulty
6⃣ Harrison McGahey
7⃣ Stephen Humphrys
1⃣0⃣ Callum Camps
1⃣6⃣ Matty Done
2⃣1⃣ Ryan Delaney
2⃣7⃣ Andy Cannon
3⃣2⃣ Mark Kitching
4⃣0⃣ Ian Henderson#RAFC
Match Date, Time and Location
Wednesday, February 28, 3:05 p.m. (ET), 8:05 p.m. (GMT)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match Official: Paul Tierney
United Kingdom: BT Sport 2
USA: Fox Sports 1
Canada: Sportsnet World
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!