I’ll do a quick one so the majority of you can all swiftly go on to your holiday weekend.
Ramble of the Day
Look at how cool this is!
Me being me, I do have some thoughts.
- I was about to ask a question about their shoes, but they probably are wearing shoes that are fine in slippery places.
- I wonder if they had this planned for a while, or if playing football on ice is something that they do frequently.
- I also wonder what the scientists are studying in the area.
- Why are the polar bears so mean that they need armed guards to protect them? Do the polar bears hate football or something?
- This is so cool! Did I mention that already?
Links of the Day
No English referees will officiate matches at the World Cup.
The sculptor that made the infamous bust of Cristiano Ronaldo made another one.
Mick McCarthy will leave Ipswich at the end of the season.
PAOK president Ivan Savvidis has been banned from stadiums for three years after bringing a gun onto the pitch.
Today’s longer read: Simon Burnton about the time a match lasted three hours and 23 minutes for The Guardian