Tottenham Hotspur lost a tough match at home to the now Premier League champions Manchester City, but there’s no rest for the weary — Spurs turn around and play a mid-week match against Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium in Brighton today.
For Spurs, it’s a tricky fixture — while Spurs beat the Seagulls 2-0 in December at Wembley Stadium, Brighton have only four losses at home all season. They also have a pretty horrific run-in: after Spurs they play at Burnley, vs. United, at City, and at Liverpool to close out the season. That means that while they’re currently in 13th place, relegation is still very much on the table, and former Tottenham man Chris Hughton would be very pleased with any kind of a result today.
It’s also tricky for Spurs because of this weekend’s FA Cup semifinal against Manchester United. For that reason, Mauricio Pochettino is likely going to rotate — he has hinted at recalling Toby Alderweireld to the starting lineup, and tricky winger Lucas Moura could also get his first Premier League start of the season today.
Spurs should have enough to see off Albion, but they should be wary of complacency. Top four isn’t yet a sure thing after Saturday’s loss.
Here's how Albion line up for tonight's @premierleague game against @SpursOfficial at the Amex Stadium. #BHATOT— Brighton & Hove Albion ⚽️ (@OfficialBHAFC) April 17, 2018
2⃣ changes for the Seagulls - Bruno and Knockaert come in for Schelotto and Locadia.#BHAFC ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/qqwuSsX1W0
Match Date, Time and Location
Tuesdays, April 17, 2018, 2:45 pm (ET), 7:45 p.m. (GMT)
Amex Community Stadium, Brighton, UK
Match official: Kevin Friend
United Kingdom: Sky Sports Premier League/Main Event
Canada: Sportsnet World
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!