Swallow hard and let’s get on with it. Tottenham Hotspur are back in action in the Premier League on a rare Monday night match. This time they’re hosting Watford at Wembley Stadium.
I don’t think I have to mention that this is a pretty friggin’ important match for Spurs at this point in time. Thanks to Chelsea’s win over Swansea at the weekend, the Blues have temporarily closed the gap between themselves and Tottenham to two points. Any dropped points here against the Hornets adds an enormous amount of pressure to Spurs. Their magic number to clinch Champions League participation next season with four games to play is seven; win and it goes down to four with three games to play.
Spurs are almost entirely fit — Harry Winks is out and Danny Rose is questionable, Watford are not very good on the road, and have little to play for the rest of the season. On paper this should be an easy win for Spurs, but that’s not stopping the butterflies. Harry Kane has been misfiring and off his game since returning from an ankle injury, and there’s a perceived faltering going on after losses to Manchester City and Manchester United, with a draw at Brighton sandwiched in between.
Nothing that a solid three points at home can’t assuage, though.
| #watfordfc XI v @SpursOfficial | Karnezis (GK); Mariappa (C), Cathcart, Kabasele, Holebas; Doucouré, Capoue; Femenía, Hughes, Richarlison; Gray.— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) April 30, 2018
Subs | Gomes (GK), Britos, Janmaat, Carrillo, Deulofeu, Sinclair, Deeney. pic.twitter.com/1EKVgR1IXO
Match Date, Time and Location
Monday, April 30, 2018, 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (GMT)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Michael Oliver
United Kingdom: Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League
USA: NBC Sports Network
Canada: TSN 1, 4
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!