Lads, it’s Stoke.
Tottenham Hotspur have won their past four matches against Stoke City by a combined score of 17-1. This season, Tottenham are in fourth place and could jump into third if results go their way. Harry Kane is back, knows he’s five goals behind the injured Mohamed Salah, and wants that Golden Boot. Stoke are languishing in 19th and are looking like strong candidates to join West Bromwich Albion in the Championship next season.
On the other hand, this is a road match and road matches are never gimmies. And if Paul Lambert can provide a shock result today, it might just be the spark the Potters need to propel them to safety.
FT: SPURS WIN! It wasn’t a 4-0 drubbing and there were some nervous moments, but Spurs came away with a crucial three points. They’re now tied with Liverpool with a game in hand.
90’ Spurs final sub: Moussa Sissoko coming on as the human victory cigar, with Dele having a seat.
82’ Spurs sub: Wanyama comes off for Eric Dier, who will no doubt join Lamela in running around breaking things.
67’ Spurs sub: Spurs make their first sub, with Erik Lamela coming on For Son Heung-Min.
62’ GOAL ERIKSEN!!!!!! His free kick was intended for Kane, who thought he got a touch on it, but after review it’s credited to the Dane, his second of the game.
56’ Goal Stoke, Diouf: Ridiculous goal. Hugo rushes out to nick a Mame Diouf run, but the ball deflects off of Diouf’s face and into the net. We’re level again.
52’ GOAL ERIKSEN! Dele Alli moved into space and instead of finding Kane, put a lovely square ball to Christian Eriksen who slotted home. Spurs lead 1-0!
Second half underway! Spurs look the better side but will have to get some offense going if they’re going to continue the streak of four goal victories over Stoke.
0-0 HALFTIME: Well, this has been a predictably dour match. Stoke playing for their Premier League lives. Spurs with >70% possession but apart from a Son Heung-Min breakaway midway through the half don’t have many offensive chances.
Kick-off! Stoke and Tottenham are underway at the bet365. Lots of empty seats...
Here is today's matchday squad that faces @SpursOfficial, sponsored by @topeleven— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) April 7, 2018
The Potters name an unchanged starting XI for today's game, @KurtZouma and Darren Fletcher are recalled to the bench.#SCFC ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/NrepJVUOmR
Match Date, Time and Location
Saturday, April 7, 2018, 10 am (ET), 3 p.m. (GMT)
bet365 Stadium, Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Match official: Graham Scott
United Kingdom: Not televised
USA: Not televised
Canada: Sportsnet East/West/Pacific/Ontario
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Yes, you read that right. This match is not on TV. At all. You can probably find it at a sports bar or pub, but otherwise if you are American the only way to watch this game LEGALLY is through NBC Sports’ premium Gold streaming channel.
PLEASE NOTE: we CANNOT and WILL NOT help you find an illegal stream. Links to streams in the comments are EXPRESSLY forbidden by site rules. Stream links or even hints to where to find them will be ruthlessly deleted, and offenders will be banned.
United Kingdom: Not streamed
USA: NBC Sports Gold Premier League Pass ($20)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!